Pearl Millet / Kambu / Bajra
- The Pearl Millet is the most widely grown type of millet and India is the largest producer of pearl millet.
- Pearl millet is a rich source of phosphorus, which plays an important part in the structure of body cells.
- The consumption of pearl millets helps in minimizing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Also, it prevents cancer, controls cholesterol, and asthma.
- Being a good source of magnesium and vitamins, these millets act as a cofactor in a number of enzymatic reactions.