Foxtail Millet / Tinai / Kangni
- Foxtail or Italian millet is one of those forgotten grains that were a part of ancient Tamil culture.
- Foxtail millet, called Thinai in Tamil, is offered to Lord Muruga, the patron deity of Tamil Nadu.
- Foxtail millets are high in Iron content and these millets are totally pest-free.
- Foxtail dont need any fumigants, but act as anti pest agents to store delicate pulses such as green gram.
- They also control blood sugar and cholesterol levels & increase HDL cholesterol.